Sofia - Bulgaria 28.9.2008

The ongoing travel.

In September 2008 I traveled for first time to Sofia. Ivo the main teacher of contact improvisation in Bulgaria and Petya Stoykova have arranged to notify dancers who would be interested in the project to do two dance sessions with me. Petya Bojinova offered her studio and another Petya with 15 enthusiastic dancers showed up.

As I said repeatedly this wasn’t going to be an audition. I wanted to meet the dancers, dance with them, show them what interests me and the work will bring close or send away the participants.

First day began with a contact improvisation class, ending with a jam, so everyone would be loosen up and enjoy dancing with each other. Next day we worked with one of the processes that I am going to use during the project. Through a brainstorming of words from the story of Rigas Velestinlis, we accumulated them loosely connected in different formations; the people that choose them gathered in groups having the task to create a structural improvisation. Meanwhile I encouraged them to use text-voice and steel whatever they wanted from a dance performance we all watched the previous night.

The traveling to meet dancers will continue

photos by Natassa Paschalis from the sessions.















Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: